Easy and quick…
…but if you have time, you must do Russ Parson’s dry-brined “Judy Bird”
– Buy your turkey and a Reynolds Oven Bag.
– Season the entire bird, inside and out, with A LOT of salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Have fun, go to town. Seriously. It’s a turkey, it’s big, it can handle it.
– Cut up an apple, an onion, two stalks of celery, a lemon and stuff them into the cavity.
– Melt a stick of butter and massage the butter into the skin, everywhere, inside and out. You can even rub some under the skin if you like. Even better.
– Place the turkey in the bag. Put a handful of flour, chopped onion and celery, and a cup of white wine in the bottom of the bag.
– Seal the bag and follow the directions on the box. It bastes itself and comes out terrific.