Andouille Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons Creole mustard
- ½ pound andouille sausage, cut in small pieces and sautéed
- 2 Tablespoons Commander’s Creole seasoning blend
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
Cut the potatoes in half and steam for about 20-30 minutes, until fully cooked.
Combine potatoes, butter, sour cream, mustard, andouille and Creole seasoning in electric stand mixer with paddle attachment and mix for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and repeat; mixture should be creamy but also chunky.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Before serving, fold in green onions and parsley. Serve warm.
These are easy to make a day or two before! The flavors will get even better. Just rewarm in the oven.